Latest News07.18.2016 - Sacred Images: Icons from Holy Trinity Monastery11.20.2015 - FRH Curator Presents at 2015 ASEEES Convention10.08.2015 - Patriarch Tikhon Exhibit09.26.2015 - Faces of War: Russia in World War I07.15.2015 - Two New Online Exhibits Launched on Google Cultural Institute06.25.2015 - CLRC Awards $3,000 Grant for Retrospective Conversion of Library Records
New in the museum collectionbrowse the collection
St. George Standard of the Life-Guard Chernomorskii Cossack Divizion
St. George Standard of the Life-Guard Chernomorskii Cossack Divizion (Георгиевский штандарт Лейб-гвардии Черноморского казачьего дивизиона). Yellow silk background. In center, embroidered in silver metallic thread and silver sequins is imperial double eagle surmounted by crown and holding lightning bolts and wreath. On breast of eagle, on crimson background is embroidered coat of arms with St. George slaying dragon. In corners of standard are embroidered cyphers of Alexander II inside laurel wreaths and surmouned by crowns. Along border is embroidered inscription: За отличiе при пораженiи и изгнанiи непрiятеля | изъ предѣловъ Россiи 1812 год | и за подвигъ, оказанный въ сраженiи при | Лейпцигѣ въ 4 день Октября 1813 г. ("For distinguished service in the defeat and expulsion of the enemy from the bounds of Russia in 1812 and for the feat at the battle at Leipzig on the 4th day of October 1813"). Border emboridered with silver metallic thread and sequins. Silver metallic fringe along edges. Reverse of standard is identical. Orinigally standard was topped by imperial eagle finial (see 1.2.97) and had metal band with inscription on pole (see 1.3.97). Standard was awarded to the Chernomorksii Divizion by Alexander II on 30 August 1856. On 2 February 1861 it became the standard of the His Imperial Majesty's Own Escort (Собственный Его Императорского Величества Конвой).
Cossacks and Blacksmith
Etching. Mounted cossack facing away from viewer is holding a lance and standing next to a mobile smithy on wheels. Blacksmith in apron and shirtsleeves is holding tongs while an assistant is working bellows attached to the cart. A second cossack is sitting on the cart shaft. In lower left is a lying dog.
Wooden clothes hanger with rounded ends. Brass hook with vase-shaped wooden fixture on shaft. From among items belonging to Nicholas II, his family and attendants found in and around Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg.
His Imperial Majesty's Own Escort Parade Uniform Cherkeska
Cherkeska (circassian coat). Part of parade uniform of His Imperial Majesty's Own Escort (Собственный Его Императорского Величества Конвой). Scarlet felt edged with silver and gold striped galloon. On chest are blue velvet shield-shaped patches edged with galloon, and ten cartridge pockets on each side. Pockets contain bone and wood carridges attatched to brass chains hanging below shoulders. On shoulder are metal thread and sequin loops for shoulder boards. Two pockets on back of coat.