Sapozhnikovy, A. and V. (firm)
Brocade, Cotton, Thread and Galloon
H 60 in x W 62 in
Gift. Saint John the Baptist Russian Orthodox Church. 1984
Stikhar (Dalmatic). Gold on gold brocade with red and silver highlights. Embellished with pattern of Imperial double eagle holding scepter. On yoke front the raised design is of twisted gold wire. On back is a emboridered gold crown with emanating rays. Gold and red galloon on sleeves, along bottom, and along yoke. Lined with yellow cotton.
Originally part of Hillwood Museum's collection, #50.031. Donated to St. John the Baptist Russian Orthodox Church in Washington, DC by Marjorie Merriweather Post in 1950, which donated it to the HTM museum in 1984.
Inscriptions & Markings
On lining is handwritten inscription: III N 9 Сперанскаго. Next to collar is stamped: 300.