Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Badge
1897 - 1906
Silver and Silver gilt
H 2.25 in x W 1.875 in x D 0.25 in
Gift. Vasilevsky, Alexander. 1984-09
Silver double eagle over silver gilt laurel and oak wreath. Below eagle at intersection of branches is monogram BB, which stand for ветеренарный врач ("Veterinary Doctor"). Badge was instituted in 1895. Given to Gregorii Andreevich Pipchik upon graduation from the veterinary school of Kazan University, class of 1906.
Belonged to Grigorii Andreevich Pipchik (d. 1937 in Poland), a graduate of the veterinary school at Kazan University (class of 1906). Pipchik was the donor Alexander Vasilevsky's uncle (husband of Vasilevsky's mother's sister).
Inscriptions & Markings
Mark: delta, kokoshnik facing right, 84 in oval; ИМ in rectangle.