Silver Proskomidia Plate
1899 - 1908
D 7 in x D 0.375 in
Transfer. Holy Trinity Monastery. 2011
Silver proskomidia plate. In center is engraved image of eight-pointed cross with spear and sponge on Golgotha, rays emanating from cross; ornamental border around central image. In border along rim is inscription with ornaments between each word: КРЕСТЫ ТВОЕМУ ПОКЛАНЯЕМСЯ ВЛАДЫКО ("We worship Thy cross, O Master").
Used during services at Holy Trinity Monastery until 2011, when it was transferred to the Foundation of Russian History Museum.
Inscriptions & Markings
Marks: 84, kokoshnik facing left, ИЛ in oval; ИЮ in rectangle