Rededication of the Foundation of Russian History, Preview of Museum Exhibit and Opening of RNA Reading Room
Jordanville, NY. May 18, 2014
On May 18, 2014, the Foundation of Russian History hosted a rededication of the Foundation, and a preview of a new exhibit entitled The Russian Word and Image: Four centuries of Books and Art. At the event, the Foundation also inaugurated the new Russian Nobility Association Reading Room, which houses the library and archives of the Russian Nobility Association that were transferred to the Foundation in 2011.
Honored guests included The Board of Directors of the Russian Nobility Association in America (RNA), the Consul General of the Consulate General of the Russian Federation, representatives of cultural organizations, auction houses, art historians and many other members of academia. Descendants of the Russian Imperial Family were also in attendance, arriving from as far away as Moscow, Russia.
Opening remarks were delivered by Archpriest Vladimir Tsurikov who has been spearheading the opening of the museum and RNA reading room. Formal remarks were also offered by the President of the Russian Nobility Association, Dr. Cyril Geacintov, Igor L. Golubovsky, Consul General, and Edward Kasinec from the Harriman Institute at Columbia University and board member of the Foundation of Russian History.
Following the remarks, Fr. Vladimir officially opened the museum. Fr. Vladimir lead the guests through the museum explaining the many artifacts on display. The museum contains manuscript and print materials, archival documents, and three dimensional object d’art. The oldest item on display dates to 1575. Other displays include items from the reign of Tsar Michael Feodorovich up until the present day.